Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Response


These photos are in response to Chrystel Lebas' work. I went to a wooded area just as the sun was going down and it was beginning to get dark. I took a few photos without the tripod but they were blurry as the camera had to be on a longer exposure for the lighting that was there. So I put the camera on the tripod and I took lots of photos with this. I also tried taking the photos with the flash on. At the time I thought that it didn't work because I could only see the photo on the camera screen and so I thought it was really dark. However, when I got back home and put them on the laptop, I saw that it worked really well but I has only taken one photo like this. The top photo is the one that I took with the flash on. I think it looks really good because It's almost like there is a spotlight on the trees. I like the way there is just one part of the photo which is light and the surrounding area is dark. I don't like the bottom photo as much because its just too dark and I couldn't edit it to look mystical and dark at the same time.

If I was to do this shoot again I would defiantly take more of the photos with the flash on as it looked very effective. I would also try and make the photos more like Chrystel Lebas' by maybe bringing along a smoke machine to make the ground smoky and make the photo look more mystical.

No comments:

Post a Comment