Chrystel Lebas is a French photographer who lives and works in London. One of her series of photo shoots was based in forest locations where she made her work look mysterious and dark. I particularly like this photo of hers. I like the way it is a long thin photo instead of a square photo because it means you can see more of the forest and it makes it look like a bigger but more isolated place. I also like the way there is the tiniest bit of light coming through the trees on the left hand side. It makes the picture look more mysterious and it also means the tree trunks are more clear as there is just the silhouette of them.
This photo of Chrystel Lebas' is of a similar nature to the one above. I also like this one because of the colours used and the fact that it is, again, mysterious. I like the way that in both of these pictures there seems to be mist floating around the roots of the tree trunks. This is what gives the photos the mystical look.
Overall i really like Chrystel Lebas' work because of the wide shape of them which lets you see more but also becasue of the way they are set up and made to look dark and almost scary. I could respond to this photographer by going into the forsest at dusk and taking the same kind of photo maybe on the panoramic setting on the camera and then i would edit the photos to make them look even more mysterious.


No comments:
Post a Comment