Thursday, 26 September 2013

Olivo Barbieri



Olivo Barbieri has a very unique style of photo. They are all of real landscapes/cityscapes yet they do not look real. He edits them and takes the photos in a way that makes then look like toy buildings and toy scenery. He does this by taking the photos from a height so that everything looks very small and he carefully crops them and blurs out certain parts of the photo to make it look fake. I think this is a very clever way of doing things and it looks incredibly effective. It would be very hard to achieve the same standard of photo that is the same as this as you would need to go in a helicopter or a very tall building to make it work.

I really like Olivo Barbieris work as I think it is very clever and mind boggling as you cannot tell if it is a real landscape or if it is a set that he has made to take the photo. I really like the way he has done it, yet it is not my kind of photo and although I think it's very clever, I'm not too sure about the way that it looks. I prefer photos that look real and that effect the viewer in a serious way.

No comments:

Post a Comment