Tuesday, 5 November 2013
Ellen Kooi
Ellen Kooi is a Dutch photographer who lives and works in the Netherlands. She uses the landscape and people to create dramatic and poetic stories within the photos. I particularly like these two photos of hers because they are so simple. The idea of a girl sitting on a chair in the middle of a field sounds so boring but somehow, she pulls it off and the photos look interesting. It is also different and looks unusual. The bottom photo i like because it is also very simple yet effective. I like the murky look to it that makes the picture look bitter and cold.
I like the use of colours in these photos as well because if it was any brighter it would look strange and wouldn't give the same effect, and if it was any darker you wouldn't be able to see the photos as well. They have a very good rustic look to them which I really like. Out of these two photos i prefer the top one because it is just that little bit more unique and different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment