These are the photos that I have edited in response to Ellen Kooi's work. The photo shoot was done in the summer which makes the lighting look really effective. I like the way the sun makes the straw on the ground look golden and really bright. This contrasts with the dark colours that are on the clothing that I am wearing in the picture. This shows that the world is a happy and peaceful place until you look further and deeper into peoples lives. The dark clothing represents depression or unhappiness. The photos are all very peaceful with only one person in the image which makes you feel like you can relate to that one person as everyone has been unhappy in their lives.
I particularly like this last photo because on the shape of it and the fact that the person is so far away that she looks lost. I edited it to it was long and thin because it gives you the impression that this landscape goes on forever and that the girl is lost within this place. I like how peaceful and quiet it looks and I also like the colours and how they contrast with each other.
I like all the photos for different reasons. The top one I like because you can see the expression on my face so you can tell that she is meant to be depressed or upset. I like the second one because it is different and the arms line up with the landscape and it looks like she is part of the scenery. I like the third one as well because of the shape that she is in. She is curled up on the floor which makes her look like she is lonely and alone in the world.
This is one of my favourite shoots that I have done so far because I think having the person in the picture makes it have more of a meaning to it. I will defiantly be expanding on this topic of figure in landscape as I think I can go a lot further with it and it is more interesting that just landscapes on their own.





No comments:
Post a Comment