Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Astrid Kruse Jensen


Astrid Kruse Jensen is a Danish photographer who specialises in artistic night photography making the scenes look mysterious. She plays with the artificial lighting and the natural darkness to create a chilling atmosphere. I like the way the lighting is used to make the audience focus on the important part of the photo and nothing else. I particularly like the top photo because of the way the light shines down the walkway to the woman at the end looking into what I think is the sea. You can tell that there is water there because you can see the moon and its reflection at the bottom. Its a very simple photo with not much in it. this makes you focus even more on the important part which is the woman and the walkway that she's on.

Astrid Kruse Jensen isn't my favourite photographer as I don't think her photos are my sort of style, however, I think her photos are very well done even though they are not my personal favourite. The photos give out a certain message and feeling to the audience which is what photos are for. I wont be responding to her work because I don't feel like I would like the outcome of it and I think it would be best to stick with what I am already doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment