My finals for the small topic within water and weather called 'Reflections' are the two photos above. This photoshoot ws done at Clivedon on a very sunny day. The first final that I did I decided to edit it into the colour of Ryan Mcginleys photo. This gave my photo a warm feeling to it. However it didn't give the effect of it being at the end of the day in a sunset like Mcginleys photo. In this photo you can really see the reflections of the 3 rocks in the water. I really like the way that you can see it so clearly even though the water was murkey. I used a very long zoom lense on my camera as the rocks were far away in the middle of the water. This helped to get the details of the rocks and also helped to get the clear reflections.
The second photo was also taken at Clivedon and is a reflection of the tress that surrounded a pond. I think this photo makes you wonder whether it's actually a reflection of trees or if it's the real thing. The fact that you can see the sun and the trees so clearly makes it look more real. I edited this photo in a way to make the trees stand out more clearly. I also made it black and white as the water was merky and the black and white gave a better effect. This photo is quite mysterious because you don't know what's around the water apart from the trees. It's also very calming like Ryan Mcginleys photo of the woman in the lake.
Overall, i like both photos in different ways. The first photo shows a clear reflection of what's on the surface of the water and is very clear whereas the second photo shows the reflection of the trees over the water. I think they are both effective for different things. I do think that i could have improved the top one by zooming out and just having a small reflection like Ryan Mcginleys photo becqause i think it is very effective. I could have improved the second photo by trying to make it look more like the actual sky and not a reflection.


No comments:
Post a Comment